It is that time of year that owning a guitar really pays off for those off us that don’t actually make a living selling out stadiums and collecting checks from iTunes. A day that, although some would have you believe otherwise, a bow and arrow are not the most powerful weapon in order to woo a Mr or Ms. Right or Right now, I am not judging.
I will not argue the idea of a little half naked dude running around with some wood and string and causing folks to fall in love, however I must protest that the construction of that wood and string was not in the shape of bow and arrow but it was indeed in fact a guitar. Think about it. What better tool to use to express the poetry of love then a guitar. I know that Hallmark sells more cards with this romantic idea of the naked dude with wings flying around shooting folks in the heart but we all know, deep down, that the concept of naked dude sitting in front of his favorite girl and busting out a G chord is more likely and point in fact I have seen this event many times in college. But that is another post.
Once you see the G&L ASAT Classic in Clear Red you will understand why I heart it so. And why it makes for a perfect tribute to our dear customers and readers as our Valentines day post and appreciation.
The G&L ASAT Classic in Clear Red features:
- PICKUPS 2 traditional size G&L Magnetic Field Design single coil pickups
- BODY WOOD Swamp Ash on Premier finish
- NECK WOOD Hard Rock Maple with maple fingerboard
- Glossy Tinted Gun Oil finish
- NECK WIDTH AT NUT 1 5/8″ (41.3mm)
- TUNING KEYS 12:1 ratio, sealed lubrication, adjustable knob tension
- BRIDGE Traditional boxed steel bridge with individual brass saddles
- CONTROLS 3 position pickup selector, volume, tone
- Upgraded Pearl pickguard
- FINISH Clear Red
- WEIGHT 7.1 lbs.
- OTHER Chrome Hardware; and G&L Deluxe Tolex hardcase
Go on, it’s okay, fall in love. I won’t blame you.